At Summit National Bank we believe in family and community. We are a family owned and operated bank and believe in the values that being part of a family instills in an individual and thus a community. Choosing to become a Summit National Bank employee is a step towards choosing a career, not just a job. We give you the tools you need to start your banking career: on the job training, access to the best technology in banking, and over 200 years of combined banking experience in all facets of the industry. Become a Summit team member and receive the most competitive wages and benefits for the areas we serve.
Commercial Loan Officer
Establishes and manages a commercial portfolio with strong emphasis in agriculture by performing the following duties.
Overview of Commercial Loan Officer Job Duties:
- Interviews loan applicant and requests specified information for loan application.
- Requests loan applicant's credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to applicant's evaluation.
- Analyzes loan applicant's financial status, credit, banking status, and other information to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Generates and screens leads following establishment policies and procedures to attain new business relationships and product sales.
- Calls and visits target customers to promote and sell establishment products and services.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements, such as business checking, business credit card, and letters of credit.
- Compiles and analyzes market research data in order to develop or increase the competitiveness of current product and services offering.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for establishment product and services offerings.
- Responds to customer information requests or inquiries involving small business loans.
- Oversees and ensures accuracy and performance of loan administration and processes, such as receipt of applications from prospective applicants, completeness of loan packages, and timely processing, funding, and closing of committed loans.
- Ongoing monitoring and financial analysis of existing portfolio.
- Actively participates in community organizations to develop new business and demonstrate Summit National Bank’s commitment to the local community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summit National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
We currently do not have any positions available.
Feel free to submit an application regardless of openings. We file applications
for up to a year and review them as new positions become available.
How to Apply for a Position
- Please print and complete our Employment Application Form.
- Mail or fax your completed application to:
Summit National Bank Operations Center
Attention: HR Department
19 Montana Ave.
Laurel, MT 59044
Fax: 1-855-628-7920, Attention: HR Department
- Alternatively, you may email your completed application, as an attachment, to the HR Department at Information@SummitNB.com. Be advised, emailing your application is not necessarily secure. Summit National Bank cannot be held liable for insecure email transfers!
- Please contact us if you have questions or concerns.
To be considered for a position, our Employment Application Form must be completed in its entirety.
Feel free to submit an Employment Application Form regardless of currently available positions.
Applications are filed for up to a year and reviewed as new positions become available.
Summit National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All personal information is kept confidential.